Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

BEC help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 09:05 AM
Dave808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEC help

I'm new to the forums and sort of new to the RC drifting.

Had some questions about the bec options on my esc and if I should adjust them. Currently have bec set to 6v. I want to up the bec to add more tuning to my servo since I'm basically maxed out at my preferred setting at 6v with gyro and servo. Any more adjustments would cause my wheels to hunt around.

1)Would upping the bec mess up my gyro since the operating current is @ 6v?
2)Would upping the bec to 7.4v mess up gyro since Its operating at the max it can handle?
3)Regards to my receiver, can anyone confirm that the fsgr3f actually is a 4v-8.4v receiver?
4) should I just stick with the 6v bec?

Apologies if this has already been asked an answered. I just could find the information I was looking for. Thank you everyone.

Electronics
-I believe I have a lecterpro 2s 4600mah 100c lipo

-Hobbywing Quicrun 10bl120 Sensored G2
Bec output : 6v-7.4v @4 amps w/max current of 7amps

-Hobbywing Quicrun 3650 G2 Sensored 10.5t motor

-PowerHD D15 servo
Operating voltage: 6v-8.4v

-PowerHD G1 gyro
Operating voltage: 4.8v-7.4v
Operating current: 20ma/6v

Flysky FSGR3F
​​​​​​i seen many sites list this as 4v-8.4v dc
Old 05-07-2024, 05:27 PM
bill_delong

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

The main reason you want to max out the BEC voltage to 7.4V is to get the servo speed faster, the higher voltage will also improve efficiency and the servo will tend to last longer as well, though a drifter doesn't put much stress on servos to begin with.

That said, with a faster servo you will get faster response which can be good or bad depending on how smooth you are with the steering input.

The gyro gain will likely need to be reduced to account for the faster servo speed so it doesn't "over react" where I suspect that 5% gain will be ideal which was my experience when I used to have a drifter back in the day.

I would try both 6V and 7.4 then decide which feels better for you... you should see that the 7.4 setting will snap into drifts much easier and you'll spend more time playing with the gyro gain settings until you hit that sweet spot.

Good Luck!
The following users liked this post:
Dave808 (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 06:13 PM
Dave808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate it. I'll give it a go. If all else fails I can always revert back to 6v and retune. I'll make sure to save servo setting